We’ve all heard that to build a successful online business you need a list. An autoresponder makes building your list possible.
Basically, an autoresponder is a system that helps you collect and manage contact information for potential clients & customers. It also allows you to generate emails and have them sent to your list on auto-pilot.
An autoresponder helps you keep in contact with potential clients and customers who have expressed an interest in what you have to offer. You’ve heard “The fortune’s in the follow-up”, which is why an autoresponder is so important to your business!
But you might say, “I have an email account. Why can’t I just use that?” Using your own email account would be extremely time consuming and cumbersome. Here are several advantages to using an autoresponder instead:
- Easy to collect contact details
- Works on autopilot so that you can set up messages to go out at certain times
- Allows you to track results
- Makes it easy for you to create e-mails that look good
- Helps with concerns about security and privacy
Selecting an Autoresponder Provider
There are several autoresponder services to choose from. Here are some of the most popular:
These services start around $10 to $20 a month for around 500 subscribers, with costs increasing as your list size grows. Most of them also have additional services to help you get what you need.
If you also need shopping cart services, providers such as 1ShoppingCart.com integrates a shopping cart and autoresponder service. Infusionsoft.com is a higher-priced service offering additional capabilities such as greater integration with your other databases and off-line marketing.
Things you need to consider in choosing an autoresponder provider are:
- Their record for e-mail delivery: this is important as you want to make sure your e-mails get through
- Quality of customer support: you need to know that someone will help you quickly if there are any issues
- Analytics capability: you should have access to as much data as possible about the results from the e-mails you send out
- Additional resources: extra benefits such as design templates can improve the effectiveness of your e-mails and make your life easier
- Price options: you can purchase a service that does what you need
Your Task: Get An Autoresponder!
Go check out each of the autoresponder services and see which one you like the best. Most of them offer a free trial period to help you get started. But keep in mind that it can be difficult to change providers, so take the time to choose the right one for you.
If the service offers different price levels, choose the lowest priced level to start with unless you know you need an advanced option.
The autoresponder I recommend and use myself is Aweber. It is used and recommended by many leading online marketers. They have a great reputation for email delivery, customer service and they provide analytics and other services.
If you would like help setting up your autoresponder, check out my services! I can help you!